Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My cat. It's 18 years old, it's on a diet because of it's kidneys, on pills because of it's thyroid, it has dementia - although it's hard to know how much - and it misses it's twin brother who died a couple of months ago. When he doesn't eat his diet food, I sometimes mix it with the cheap food from the supermarket, which he still likes. It was 6.5 kg, now it's only half. He lost part of his sense of smell, doesn't see well, hearing is ok. It has trouble jumping onto my desk, more often than not grabbing my unsuspecting elbow and pulling itself up. If he doesn't sleep, he sits on the plus key of my keyboard.
The vet says he's not in pain. He loves it when I pick him up and walk around the house. He purrs when I stroke him. He lost sense of time so he settles on my bed whenever I walk into the bedroom.
His name is Pengo. We both mis his brother.

No comments: